Monday, 4 April 2011

Treasure Hunt!

We did the funnest thing ever tonight! We went geocaching !!!!!!!!!!! It's like a treasure hunt!! I'm sure I'm behind the times and everyone knows about this already.

Basic idea is to log on to the page and pick a box. Get the clues and follow them using gps. Man Wonder used some application on his phone. Don't let anyone see you find the box or see you put it back in it's hiding place. If you take anything then make sure you leave something of equal or greater value and sign the log book.

My kiddos are 11 and 3 and they loved loved loved it. It was really good family fun. I did find it amusing that I had walked by this location a dozen times over and had no clue.

All I can say is check it out. There are tons all over the world. Maybe I'll have to start and hide a bento cache box :D

2 comments:

Dina said...

We LOVE geocaching!! The kids really love the "hunt" and I love that we are all active!

Angi said...

Yeah!! It was mad awesome fun!!! We are hooked now :)