Friday, 15 April 2011

Homesick??

I was looking at the cast iron skillet my Daddy gave me and was missing home badly. I remember the shock when I was home visiting and my Daddy said I could have it. :) So I decided to make an upside down peach cake. It sure does an awesome job. I went to cut me a piece and my thoughts completely changed.


The kids and I made 'gourmet' pizzas last night. (Everything is gourmet when they get their aprons on ha ha) This is a refrigerator dump pizza. I'm trying to clear out the fridge for our trip to Ireland. Garlic stuffed olives, artichokes, asparagus from the garden, roasted red peppers, and mozzarella. It was mega tasty too and super fun to make!

When I first moved here I saw a woman covered in mehndi. It was one of the most beautiful things I ever saw. Through the powers of ebay I've finally bought some henna and decided to have a play myself. I'm going to have a lot of fun decorating my skin .



What it all boils down to is, I guess, I'm not as homesick as I always think I am. Yes, I miss my Daddy something terrible and Hobby Lobby :) There is no way I could grow asparagus for a session of pizza making. Let alone the thought of clearing out the fridge to go to another country. I don't believe I would have ever saw the beauty of that woman. I have had so many experiences and adventures that home could never give me. An extra bonus is that lovely frying pan.

I just love when something kind of sad or negative turns into a happy moment with just a little look around yourself. I hope ya'll have a spectacular Spring break and I'll see ya'll when I get back from Leprechaun hunting!!!

4 comments:

Susan B. said...

that art work is beautiful! I may have to look into that. Something pretty for when it's warm enough here to not be covered in jeans & fleece. :) ha ha.

your pizza and peach cakes look delish!

hope you enjoy your getaway to Ireland.

Kuusou said...

MMM, the peach cake and pizza look good! Neat artwork on your foot.

Bentobird said...

The food pics are spectacular! This was such a poetic and beautiful post, I really enjoyed it! What did you think of the wedding festivities?

Lina Gladman said...

OMG!! you are a wonderful artist!! I love what you did to your skin, I'd love to have mine decorated too ^__^